May We Introduce You To: Wunder App by Understood
by Lee Gehrls R&D Coordinator (Volunteer)
Thanks to Vice President Adam Gehrls for his technical assistance on this article.
Understood is a nonprofit offering resources and support for those living with neurodiverse challenges. Their mission statement says, “Understood is a nonprofit dedicated to shaping the world for difference. We provide resources and support so people who learn and think differently can thrive – in school, at work, and throughout life.” Understood collaborates with a range of partners to further its mission’s goals. The website was featured in our September 2, 2020, issue of Positive Steps. To learn more about Understood visit their website.
In this issue, we want to introduce you to Understood’s new app called Wunder. This is a free community-based application for parents, caregivers, and educators who have children and students with ADHD and dyslexia. It is a resource where parents can get support and share their concerns with other parents who have children with ADHD and dyslexia and talk to experts in those two specialty fields. The app provides users with extensive resources on ADHD and dyslexia and you can also take advantage of their Wunder Exercises to learn skills that have been developed by psychologists who use “science-based approaches like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)”.
Wunder App by Understood
Here is a brief overview of the topics you will find on Wunder:
- Community support groups where you can join groups that speak to your specific needs and concerns. The groups cover a wide range of topics on ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, executive functions, and writing disorders just to name a few.
- Direct guidance from experts specializing in ADHD and dyslexia, including neuropsychologists, educators & special education professionals, educational consultants, pediatric occupational therapists, and other professionals.
- ADHD and dyslexia exercises: Learn new skills that assist in your child’s emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Behavior Trackers for ADHD and dyslexia: You can keep track of patterns in a child’s behavior and learn how to support them.
- ADHD and dyslexia parenting tips.
- An extensive ADHD and dyslexia resource center: You will have access to articles, printable downloads, and worksheets that can help you support your child.
- Access to additional resources on Understood.org on ADHD and dyslexia including articles, videos, podcasts, and their many other learning options.
I encourage you to take some time to check out the Wunder app to see if it might be a good addition to your ADHD Toolbox. Connecting with a community that understands the lifelong challenges parents and kids are facing with ADHD and dyslexia is important. The support and learning that can come from that connection can help you and your child grow, thrive, and succeed.
Understood Social Links
Disclaimer: This document is for information purposes only. A-D-A-M℠ does not receive compensation from any above named organization. If you are considering mobile applications or other software products be sure to do your research, as there are alternatives that could be better suited for your needs. Always consult your primary healthcare and/or mental healthcare provider on the treatment of ADHD and related conditions.
Disclaimer: A-D-A-M℠ provides information about Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in the form of resources, including articles, books, videos, and websites, as well as links to directories to help you find health professionals, services and facilities that provide services for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. This information and these directories are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by A-D-A-M℠; and to the best of A-D-A-M’s knowledge are true and accurate at the time of publication. A-D-A-M℠ makes no claim, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the contents found in this information and in these directories, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions. Although great care is given to the composition and contents provided, A-D-A-M℠ cannot guarantee the correctness of the nature and contents of the information. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained through these resources does so at his or her own risk.