May We Introduce You To: Jacqueline Sinfield of Untapped Brilliance
by Lee Gehrls R&D Coordinator (Volunteer)
From time to time our organization will receive a request for information on ADHD treatments or programs that take a more natural approach to the management of ADHD. Jacqueline Sinfield is an ADHD coach and founder of Untapped Brilliance which provides those types of resources – https://untappedbrilliance.com/.
Based in Montreal, Canada, Jacqueline works with adults with ADHD from numerous countries. She has worked in health care for 20+ years. Her training began in England where she went to school to become a registered nurse, worked in nursing, went on to receive an Honours degree in psychology, and a certificate in Counseling.
She graduated from a three-year coaching program and then off to Canada to set up her ADHD coaching practice. Her blog was named the “Top ADHD Blog of 2015, 2016, and 2017” by Healthline, the “Best of the Web Blog” by Psych Central, and the “Top 20 ADHD Blog Winner” by ADDerworld. Jacqueline worked for two years as a writer at the health website Verywell.com as their ADHD Expert.
Her website is easy to use and has an upbeat feel to it. There are resources that are free or that can be purchased. One of the interesting aspects to her background is her revelation that at age 28 she was diagnosed with severe dyslexia and that she had learned her own methods to deal with it. Jacqueline feels that her life challenges and knowing what it feels like to be different gave her insight and empathy towards those with ADHD and that is why she finds her work rewarding.
Here is a brief overview of the information on her website: https://untappedbrilliance.com/
- A description of her book Untapped Brilliance – How To Reach Your Full Potential As An Adult With Attention Deficit Disorder which covers her 11 steps a person can use to learn how to manage their ADHD. According to her website it’s a book you don’t have to read cover to cover. She points out that it’s a book you will keep with you to use as a guide or reference over and over to tackle your daily struggles.
- Four special sections: 1) for those new to ADHD, 2) for those who have had ADHD for a while, 3) for students who have ADHD, and 4) for those who have a person in their life who has ADHD.
- Free Resources section: 1) ADHD Resource Library, 2) Adult ADHD 101, 3) Your ADHD Strengths, 4) Slumberland Supply List, and 5) the Untapped Brilliance newsletter which is weekly and can come to you every Friday.
- The website store contains books that address sleep (which can be a problem for those with ADHD), a resource on decluttering, and a resource on getting good grades just to name a few.
- You can check out her award-winning blog.
- She offers the Untapped Brilliance Club which is “a Free Community for Upbeat Adults Living with ADHD”.
- Have a question about her website or ADHD coaching services? Go to her contact section on her Home page and you can send her an email.
I encourage you to take some time to review her informational materials. One fact that professionals and experts in the field of ADHD agree upon is that the best thing you and family members can do is to educate yourselves on ADHD and the many challenges that come up daily. Untapped Brilliance may be a resource you can add to your ADHD toolbox.
Disclaimer: A-D-A-M℠ provides information about Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in the form of resources, including articles, books, videos, and websites, as well as links to directories to help you find health professionals, services and facilities that provide services for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. This information and these directories are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by A-D-A-M℠; and to the best of A-D-A-M’s knowledge are true and accurate at the time of publication. A-D-A-M℠ makes no claim, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the contents found in this information and in these directories, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions. Although great care is given to the composition and contents provided, A-D-A-M℠ cannot guarantee the correctness of the nature and contents of the information. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained through these resources does so at his or her own risk.