Penny took her knowledge, parent experience, degree in sociology, and work experience and began writing.
She is the author of three award winning books Boy Without Instructions (April 4, 2014), What to Expect When Parenting Children with ADHD (July 17, 2015), The Insider’s Guide to ADHD, (November 12, 2015), and her most recent book The Hidden Layers of ADHD (March 1, 2018).
From there she moved on to developing online courses and programs, parent coaching, and mom retreats. She has also been featured in numerous national publications.
Her website is a mix of services and resources you can purchase as well as free articles, blog posts, educational videos, downloads, and printable material.
Here’s a brief overview of the information you will find on the website:
- Parenting ADHD Podcast – 120 podcasts, over 1 million downloads. Weekly podcasts give insights, strategies, and resources to ADHD, autism, and learning disabilities (LD). The website lists Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, iHeartRadio.
- Parent Coaching
- Happy Mama Retreat which is an annual event
- Purposeful Parent Bootcamp
- Courses based on brain science & research, study at your own pace, includes videos, downloadable worksheets, additional resources, and coaching time on some courses
- Videos – you can subscribe to Penny’s YouTube Channel and check out past YouTube presentations
- Tried & True Resources which include products, websites, services, and Penny’s Favs
- Facebook Support Group which you must join in order to participate, this is a closed group. There is more information on the website.
This is a website that offers information and resources for families who are new to ADHD and/or autism as well as families who may have a few years of trying to get successful parenting skills in place. You can watch Penny’s videos on the website as she explains her approach to helping parents learn the skills that stop the chaos and promote calm for success of the child and the family. She offers you testimonials from parents who have participated in the different courses and programs.
If you would like to read more of her articles in ADDitude Magazine you can find them at this link – https://www.additudemag.com/author/penny-williams/.
You can also find her on these social media platforms:
Penny Williams on Twitter, Penny Williams on Facebook, and Penny Williams on LinkedIn